Science-based counselling for people who have been in prison
The innovative part of the project is that apart from the current spiritual counselling services delivered in the prisons and probation institutions, the training methodology to be developed in the project will be more based on scientific dimensions.
The current implemented methodologies about spiritual counselling in prisons and probation institutions is generally reduced exclusively to religious ritualism. However, with the science-based training methodology, spiritual help will take into account other cultural and psychological considerations. An interdisciplinary approach for spiritual advice will be proposed that combines more specifically spiritual communication strategies and care solutions with those from other humanistic and care-providing disciplines.
Another innovative part of the project is that this will be the first time a spiritual counselling training methodology is tailored for the specific group, young ex/prisoners and their councellors.
The specific objectives of the project are: to collect a set of good examples of EQF in EU prisons, as well as other educational bodies dealing with the education of young prisoners, in order to obtain an applicable science-based transnational methodological framework (together with its tools such as the spiritual well-being scale for young prisoners) on EQF in the prison context.
To achieve the project objectives we will implement 4 activities.
- The first one will be a project management activity including financial management, transnational project meetings, exchange and promotion of strategies, monitoring and evaluation.
- The second will be the search for good examples of spiritual counselling methodologies in EU prisons.
- The third is to obtain a transnational science-based methodology applicable to SCM in the prison context.
- The fourth is the training of professionals for the new SCM.ç
- To establish a survey platform and run a field analysis to examine studies conducted in Europe and Turkey on spiritual counselling services provided to young people who have committed crimes.
- To compile a set of good examples of SCM in European prisons as well as other educational bodies dealing with the education of young ex-offenders, in order to lay the groundwork for the creation of a transnational science-based SCM.
- Develop an applicable science-based transnational methodological framework (together with its tools such as the spiritual well-being scale for young ex-offenders) on SCM in prison and in the context of probation institutions to promote social inclusion and improve spiritual counselling services for young prisoners.
- Prepare a science-based, affordable and freely accessible online spiritual counselling methodology tool for young ex-prisoners to share and promote the results of the project.
Turkey, Romania, Spain and Italy.
Start on: 01/09/2022
End on: 31/08/2024